What's happening in Sci4Dev this week? 27/01/2017
27 January 2017
Announcements and News
- UKCDS releases new report, read accompanying blog, ‘How do UK research funders foster completion, collaboration, and impact in international development research calls and programmes?’ - UKCDS
- Brexit: Supreme Court says Parliament must give Article 50 go-ahead – BBC News
- International development secretary comments on launch of the UN's Syria crisis funding appeals for 2017 – Gov.uk
- NERC releases impact report finds its science brings large, long-term benefits for the UK and other countries – NERC News
- UK HE ‘should push for sector-specific’ Brexit deal – Times Higher Education
- A new genomics array tool developed specifically for genomic and epidemiological research in Africa could enable researchers to efficiently study the genetic diversity of African population - SciDev
- The Royal Society of Chemistry is partnering with the Royal Society on an International Exchange Scheme for UK scientists that want to stimulate new collaborations with leading scientists overseas through either a one-off visit or bilateral travel. Deadline 7 March.
- ESRC Transformations to Sustainability (T2S) call is a comprehensive and concerted research initiative to boost research on transformations to sustainability, and catalyse new kinds of solutions to environmental and social challenges especially in LMICs. Deadline 5 April.
- EPSRC, on behalf of DH, s inviting outline applications for a large-scale, multidisciplinary Vaccine Manufacturing Research Hub to address major challenges of developing, scaling up and manufacturing vaccines of benefit to and for use in LMICs. Deadline 2 March.
- BBSRC and FAPESP, Brazil seeking collaborative research proposals may be submitted in any area of science that is within their remit. Deadline 27 April.
- What is the evidence that gender affects access to and use of forest assets for food security? A systematic map protocol – BioMed Central
- A Guide to Data Innovation for Development: From idea to proof-of-concept - UNDP
- Public Policy Guidelines for Integrated Landscape Management - ecoagriculturepartners
- Westminster Higher Education Forum event The future for UK science and innovation funding and policy 2 February, London
- ODI event Priorities for the new UN Secretary-General in London on 2 February lunchtime.
- Hamburg University and the University of Manchester, World Symposium on Climate Change Communication, Manchester, UK 22-24 February.
Other news and interesting links
Pre-election period 2017
UKCDS is required to observe certain...28 April 2017
Announcements and News21 April 2017
Announcements and News7 April 2017